How to Register
1. Register online.
- Click on sign in at the top right of the screen. Then click on Registration page and then select Electron Microscope Unit from the list on the left hand side of the page. This will take you to an online registration form which will ask you to provide your contact details and some information about your project and the work that you want to do. At the end of this process, you will be asked to print out a “supervisor authorization form” which you need to take to your supervisor for them to complete and sign.
2. Background reading.
- Go to the AMMRF MyScope website and read the module about the technique (or techniques) you plan to use. For example, if you plan to do SEM and AFM in your project you should read the SEM and AFM modules.
3. Meet with EMU staff.
- If you know which EMU staff member you need to work with you may contact them directly (staff list) to book a meeting. We require that the initial meeting with EMU staff is attended by either your supervisor or a senior member of your group. Please bring any papers or documentation you may have to help you explain your research goals to the staff member.
- If you don’t know which EMU staff member you should contact, please send an email to EMU training, briefly describing your sample and your research goals so that you can be directed to the appropriate person.
4. Attend the EMU laboratory induction
- EMU laboratory inductions are held every Wednesday at 11am in room G37 in the Chemical Sciences Building. This induction takes approximately 1 hour. During this induction you will complete the New User Induction form. This form must be signed by the EMU staff member leading the induction, by you and by the EMU staff member that you will be working with. Please note that you will be going into our specimen preparation laboratory, so you must wear fully enclosed, impermeable shoes.
5. Hand in your forms.
- Hand the completed Supervisor Authorisation form and the New User Induction form to the EMU Admin officer. The admin officer will take your photo. After 1 or 2 days you will receive an email from the EMU to confirm that your registration is complete.