BRIL staff will continue to support research but face-to-face contact will be limited as much as possible. The Director of Animal Services has indicated that all Animal Services facilities (Lowy, Wallace Wurth, Randwick) are continuing to operate. Before you use the BRIL facilities, you must confirm that you have approval from your Manager or Supervisor to be on campus. The Biological Resources Imaging Lab will obtain approval for our staff to be present on campus to assist with research when that research is deemed essential. We have put measures in place in our work areas to assist users in complying with
UNSW and NSW Health guidelines:
- Please only book BRIL instruments for research which is essential and for which you have approval to be on campus.
- You must register using the QR codes before entering buildings
- You must wear masks while in UNSW buildings
- We request that you check bookings and pre-book instruments prior to arriving in BRIL to allow better management of occupancy in BRIL labs.
- Each of the BRIL labs has a maximum occupancy posted at the entry door. Physical distancing of a minimum of 1.5m is essential while working in BRIL labs. If you see that it is already at capacity, please do not enter. If there is any disagreement about bookings that cannot be resolved, please contact BRIL staff.
- The ideal working spots/locations for each instrument in each room have been indicated with an “X”. Additional markings indicate the minimum 1.5m boundary to be observed. Please observe these boundaries to ensure minimum 1.5m physical distancing.
- If you have concerns with working in any BRIL space, please discuss this with a member of the BRIL staff.
- Normal PPE (Gown, Gloves and Safety Eyewear) are mandatory when working in BRIL lab spaces with the addition of masks as mentioned previously.
- As BRIL lab spaces are located within the Animal Facilities in Lowy and Wallace Wurth, you must also consider the UNSW Animal Services requirements when moving between areas.
Sample Imaging For imaging of non-living specimens (MRI, MicroCT), please contact BRIL staff to arrange collection for imaging. This will only be done for essential research.
Data Analysis A computer (level 4 analysis computer 2) has been set up with remote access via Moxyviewer. It will allow users to access the network drive and some software (LivingImage - IVIS SpectrumCT; Vevolab- Visualsonics Ultrasound; IRW- Inveon microCT data) for analysis. If you require access to this computer, please contact Tzong-Tyng (email@example.com). BRIL staff can also assist with analysis remotely on the computer. We ask that you make appropriate plans and contact us if you have any concerns or questions.