The inVia 2 is a Raman spectrometer coupled to a microscope. The microscope focuses a laser source onto specific areas of a sample then collects the light scattered off the surface of the sample and directs it through a Raman spectrometer.
Capabilities of the inVia 2 Raman Microscope:
- Standard set-up: Raman using 532 nm (green) diode laser with 1200 or 1800 l/mm grating.
- Raman using 633 nm, 785 nm or 830 nm - email the lab 24 hours before your booking.
- Ultra-fast imaging using StreamLineTM.
- Imaging to 250 nm resolution using 532 nm laser and StreamLineHRTM.
- Standard mode laser spot size is ~1.5 micron at 50x magnification. Smaller spot size of 0.5 micron is possible when using confocal mode.
- Higher spectral resolution is available for the 532 nm laser by using the 2400 or 3000 l/mm gratings - email the lab 24 hours before your booking.
Applications of this instrument:
- Ideal for identification and structural studies of most mineral and inorganic samples eg. geological samples, semiconductors.
- Organic, polymer and inorganic samples can be measured and frequently identified using a library database. If fluorescence is a problem using the 532 nm source, then measurements can be made using the 633, 785 or 830 nm source.
- Measurement of biological samples at low power (~0.1 mW).