To get started:
Step 1 - Meet BMSF Staff
Have you already spoken to a BMSF staff member about your project or analytical enquiry?
Arrange a meeting to discuss your analytical needs with a BMSF staff member
This will inform us about:
- Whether your analytical needs can be met with our current mass spectrometry methods and instrumentation
- Whether new method development is required
- Any relevant costs, charges and training, if applicable
- Which BMSF labs you require induction to
Please note: Due to current physical distancing measures, meetings with BMSF staff should be conducted virtually.
Step 2 - User Registration
Register online to the BMSF ACLS system by following this link, then:
- Click on “Register Here”
- Choose “Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility”
- Fill out your details.
If you have already previously registered to ACLS and can see the BMSF node when you log on, you do not need to re-register.
Step 3 – Project Registration
Download and complete the BMSF Project Registration Form (PRF).
Your supervisor should email the approved form to the Laboratory Coordinator.
Should you have questions about completing this form, please contact the Laboratory Coordinator.
NOTE: Make sure you have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed.
Step 4 - Health and Safety Questionnaire and Induction
You must complete the relevant questionnaire after reading the BMSF Lab Manual.
The questionnaire and induction tour registrations can be accessed by clicking on the links for each lab (you will be directed to a new page):
- Wallace Wurth C27 Questionnaire and Induction Tour Registration
- Biosciences Precinct E26 Questionnaire and Induction Tour Registration
- Chemical Sciences F10 Questionnaire and Induction Tour Registration
You MUST obtain 100% correct answers on the questionnaire before booking an induction tour. You can re-attempt multiple times.