ICP Laboratory Capabilities
- Ultratrace, trace and percent-level analysis using inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICPOES), inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICPMS), and laser ablation ICPMS.
- Size exclusion chromatography and trace analysis of total carbon and nitrogen in water samples.
- Flow injection analysis (FIA) of ammonia and nitrates.
- Dionex ion chromatography system for anion analysis.
- Our FastChem service provides analytical services to clients in the horticultural industry (see "related documents" to the right for price list). We have been certified with the Australasian Soil and Plant Analysis Council Inc. (ASPAC).
Are you a UNSW researcher who would like to use the ICP lab? View our sample submission form (see "related documents" to the right). If there are large numbers of samples to analyse, it may be possible for you to undergo training to use one of the instruments. Training should be discussed with Rabeya Akter or Dorothy Yu. If instrument training is a practical option then you should complete our registration form (see "related documents" to the right) and bring it with you to the laboratory on the training date.