The University NMR Facility was first established as an Inter-Faculty operation with its first spectrometer with a superconducting magnet, in 1982. It is now located within the purpose-built Analytical Centre, housed in the Chemical Sciences Building (F10), and equipped to an international standard with state-of-the art instruments: Seven which can measure solutions, two which can measure solids and soft matter, and one which can measure electron magnetic resonance. We also have a computer room for off-line data processing and archiving.
We specialise in the analysis of materials and bio-materials using Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR and EPR).
Other capabilities within the facility:
- Analysis of polymers
- Quantitative analysis of pesticides, herbicides and pharmaceuticals (qNMR)
- Analysis of clay minerals, cement (solid state NMR)
- Quality control of simple organics
- Analysis of carbon materials
- Structural elucidation
- Diffusion NMR
- Multinuclear NMR
The NMR Facility strives to provide excellence in analytical NMR testing services to meet or exceed the expectations of our clients and other stakeholders. To achieve this, the NMR Facility will:
- Develop, implement, maintain and continually improve our quality management system according to the latest version of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard
- Ensure that all employees have sufficient induction and training to ensure competence and to undertake their work safely and effectively.
- Ensure all employees have the necessary resources to complete all tasks they perform with a consistently high standard of quality.
Our facility is accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard, which is the international standard used to demonstrate the competence of testing laboratories. Information about the scope of our accreditation can be found on the NATA website. A copy of our certificate of accreditation can be found here.
For further information about how our accreditation may assist you, contact us at email@example.com.