The UNSW Biorepository aims to support cancer research by providing access to relevant, high quality and well-annotated biospecimens.
1. Store patient specimens in good order, and with accurate records of provenance.
2. Ensure systems are in place for the accurate storage and retrieval of biospecimens.
3. Effectively derive value-added specimens from primary tissue sources.
4. Provide a timely and cost-efficient supply of biospecimens and/or their derivatives to researchers both internationally and within Australia.
5. Provide researchers with mechanisms to identify and request access to appropriate biospecimens.
6. Carry out all activities while maintaining participant privacy and adhering to relevant national and international ethical guidelines.