Specimen quality is often a deciding factor in obtaining top tier biomedical images, therefore the BMIF has established the Biological Specimen Preparation Laboratory (BSP) to aid researchers in preparing their samples for imaging on BMIF equipment.
BSP staff have many years of specimen preparation experience covering a wide range of different experimental techniques and are ready to assist UNSW researchers to better prepare samples for biomedical imaging.
The BSP offers a range of full sample preparation services as well as equipment access and training for researchers to prepare their own samples as required.
Full sample preparation services currently offered by the BSP include:
- Immunohistochemical staining
- Slide scanning (bright-field or fluorescence)
- Sample processing and paraffin embedding
Below are the relevant forms if you would like any of the above services:
- Slide Scanning Request Form - please provide completed and signed form to Florence Tomasetig
- Sample Preparation Request Form - please provide completed and signed form to Fei Shang
Please click here for the current BSP charges.